What is AWT?
Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT) performed with the radial Cellupulse applicator uses high-energy acoustic waves that are introduced into the patient‘s body in the form of high-frequency oscillations. AWT is the first effective and long-lasting treatment modality for cellulite stage I to III.
Acoustic waves have been used in medicine with great success since 1980 for the disintegration of kidney stones (ESWL) and since 1992 for the treatment of orthopedic conditions such as tendon and muscle disorders (ESWT).
Effects on the epidermis and subcutaneous tissue:
Enlarged fat cells bulge upwards toward the skins surface, giving the skin the typical orange peel appearance. The Septae, the vertical connective tissue fibers do not stretch along with the surrounding adipose tissue which leads to the undesirable dimpling and local blood circulation is significantly reduced.
Oscillating acoustic waves are introduced into the body. The Septae, the connective tissue relaxes and the firmness of the epidermis increases. Blood circulation in the tissue in significantly enhanced. Collagen production is stimulated which smoothes and strengthens the dermis and epidermis.
The results of AWT are the significant smoothing of the skin and improved firmness and restored natural elasticity of the skin. It also improves the health of the septae, or the connective tissue by regenerating collagen in the tissue, which aids in its flexibility and length allowing a visible improvement in the texture of the skin.
What is the Cellupulse D-Actor 200?
The D-Actor 200 is a mechanical device that generates acoustic pressure waves. Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT) is an invention that has revolutionized the medical approach to the treatment of cellulite. This advanced state-of-the-art treatment has proven its efficacy in a large number of patients. Clinical and medical ultrasound studies have confirmed the therapeutic effects of AWT and the resultant dermal thickening of the skin after treatment.
How does the Cellupulse D-Actor 200 Reduce the Amount and Appearance of Cellulite?
- AWT improves the flexibility of the connective tissue, the septae, which helps to release the skin and reduce the dimpled appearance.
- AWT breaks up the fibrous bands and also helps to release the attached skin.
- AWT helps regeneration of additional blood vessels and enhances the inflow of nutrients and outflow of waste material through the lymphatic system.
- AWT helps with lymph drainage resulting in an opening of the lymph channels. This dilation effect is known to last for up to 24 hours, which can optimize the results of this cellulite treatment.
- AWT penetrates 6mm into the skin’s layers (lasers can only penetrate 3mm). AWT penetrates deeper than any other non-invasive procedure used to reduce cellulite! This is the depth that needs to be reached to effect the reduction of cellulite.
- AWT is applied to the target tissue to stimulate cells and improve metabolic activity. Fatty acids and glycerol are released from the cells and accumulate in the intercellular space (the area where fat cells reside). From there, they are removed via the lymphatic and blood systems and processed by your metabolism. This will result in the reduction of the fat layer existing under the skin.
- AWT results in a visible firming of the skin’s treated areas and a smoothing of its appearance because it stimulates the production of collagen.
Depending on your stage of cellulite, 8-12 treatments may be necessary and ideally, two treatments a week are recommended. You will see some improvement immediately, but the majority of the improvement will continue over the course 6 months.
Three Stages of Cellulite:
Stage 1: There is no cellulite visible when standing, however, when you pinch the skin between your thumb and fingers in an area commonly affected by cellulite, you will see light dimples or an orange peel appearance.
Stage 2: There is visible cellulite while standing, but it is not visible while lying down.
Stage 3: There is visible cellulite while standing and lying down. It feels rough and bumpy to the touch.
AWT is a comprehensive treatment approach and its success is determined by a variety of factors:
- It’s very important to drink 2-3 liters of liquid (water or green tea) daily.
- It’s best to have a low-fat and/or low-carbohydrate diet.
- You need to complete 30 minutes of active physical exercise per day.
- Depending on the severity of the condition, 8-12 sessions may be necessary at minimum intervals of 2 to 3 days apart.
Please reference this video to learn more about our amazing technology: